The Smart Choice
The Smart Choice
- Fixed Rate 13.900% APR*
- Designed for 1st-time credit card holders
- Fixed Rate 13.900% APR*
- No Annual Fee
- 1.900% Balance Transfer (6 months)
- Scorecard Rewards (1 point for each $1 spent) (Points have a 5-year expiration)
Billing Rights: Information on your rights to dispute transactions and how to exercise those rights is provided in your account agreement.
*Annual Percentage Rate. How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called “Average Daily Balance, including New Purchases”. See your account agreement for more details.
**Variable Rate: The Variable rate is calculated by adding 4.50% to the Prime Lending rate in the Wall Street Journal, and will not exceed 18.000%. The current Monthly Periodic Rate is 0.646%.
***Fees: All fees are subject to change, please view current price list for all current fees.
With our Mobile App you are able to Remote Control all cards wherever you go. If you lost your card, you can temporarily freeze it and then un-freeze it when you find it. If your card was stolen you can permanently turn off your card! Remember to contact us to order a new card.
YOUR BILLING RIGHTS KEEP THIS NOTICE FOR FUTURE USE
This notice contains important information about your rights and our responsibilities under the Fair Credit Billing Act.
NOTIFY US IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BILL
If you think your bill is wrong, or if you need more information about a transaction on your bill, write us at:
CONSUMERS PROFESSIONAL CREDIT UNION, 525 W. WILLOW, LANSING, MI 48906.
Write to us as soon as possible. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the first bill on which the error or problem appeared. You can telephone us, but doing so will not preserve your rights. In your letter, give us the following information:
• Your name and account number.
• The dollar amount of the suspected error.
• Describe the error and explain, if you can, why you believe there is an error.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OUR RESPONSIBILITIES AFTER WE RECEIVE YOUR WRITTEN NOTICE
We must acknowledge your letter within 30 days, unless we have corrected the error by then. Within 90 days, we must either correct the error or explain why we believe the bill was correct. After we receive your letter, we cannot try to collect any amount you question, or report you as delinquent. We can continue to bill you for the amount you question, including finance charges, and we can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit. You do not have to pay any questioned amount while we are investigating, but you are still obligated to pay the parts of your bill that are not in question. If we find that we made a mistake on your bill, you will not have to pay any finance charges related to any questioned amount. If we didn’t make a mistake, you may have to pay finance charges, and you will have to make up any missed payments on the questioned amount. In either case, we will send you a statement of the amount you owe and the date it is due. If you fail to pay the amount that we think you owe, we may report you as delinquent. However, if our explanation does not satisfy you and you write to us within ten days telling us that you still refuse to pay, we must tell anyone we report you to that you have a question about your bill. We must tell you the name of anyone to whom we reported you. We must tell anyone we report you to that the matter has been settled between us when it finally is. If we don’t follow these rules, we can’t collect the first $50 of the questioned amount, even if your bill was correct.
SPECIAL RULE FOR CREDIT CARD PURCHASES
If you have a problem with the quality of property or services that you purchased with a credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on the property or services. There are two limitations on this right:
(a) You must have made the purchase in your home state, or if not within your home state within 100 miles of your current mailing address; and
(b) The purchase price must have been more than $50. These limitations do not apply if we own or operate the merchant, or if we mailed you the advertisement for the property or services. If you have authorized us to pay your credit card bill automatically from your savings or checking account, you can stop the payment on any amount you think is wrong. To stop the payment your letter must reach us three business days before the automatic payment is scheduled to occur.
Consumers Professional Credit Union Agreement and Disclosures
In this agreement the words “you” and “your” mean each and all of those who agree to be bound by this agreement; “Card” means a VISA credit card and any duplicates, renewals, or substitutions the Credit Union issues to you; “Account” means your VISA credit card line of credit account with the Credit Union, and “Credit Union” means Consumers Professional Credit Union or anyone to whom the Credit Union transfers this Agreement.
1. Using Your Account. If you are approved for an Account, the Credit Union will establish a line of credit for you and notify you of your credit limit. You agree that your credit limit is the maximum amount (purchases, cash advances, finance charges, plus “other charges”) that you will have outstanding on your account at any time. Each payment you make to your Account will restore your
credit limit by the amount of the payment, unless you are over your credit limit. If you are over your credit limit, you must pay the amount you are over before payments will begin to restore your credit limit. You may request an increase in your credit limit only by a method acceptable to the Credit Union. The Credit Union has the right to reduce your credit limit, refuse to make an advance and/or terminate your Account at any time for any reason not prohibited by law.
2. Using the Card. You may use your Card to make purchases from merchants and others who accept Visa. In addition, you may obtain cash advances from the Credit Union and from other financial institutions that accept Visa Cards, and from some automated teller machines (ATM), such as the VISA ATM Network, that accept VISA Cards. (Not all ATMs accept VISA Cards.) To obtain cash advances from an ATM, you must use the Personal Identification Number (PIN) that is issued to you for use with your card. You agree not to make or permit to be made any illegal transactions on your Account through the use of a Card, a Check or in any other manner. We may deny authorization for any internet gambling transactions.
3. Responsibility. You agree to pay all charges (purchases and cash advances) to your Account that are made by you or anyone whom you authorize to use your Account. You agree not to authorize anyone to use your Account without the prior written consent of the Credit Union. You also agree to pay all finance charges and other charges added to your Account under the terms of this Agreement or another agreement you made with the Credit Union. If this is a joint Account, Section 17 also applies to your Account.
4. Default. You will be in default if you fail to make any minimum payment or other required payment by the date that it is due. You will be in default if you break any promise you make under this Agreement. You will be in default if you die, file for bankruptcy or become insolvent, that is unable to pay your obligations when they become due. You will be in default if you make any false or misleading statements in any credit application or credit update. You will also be in default if something happens that the Credit Union in good faith believes may substantially reduce your ability to repay what you owe. When you are in default, the Credit Union has the right to demand immediate payment of your full Account balance without giving you notice. If immediate payment is demanded, you agree to continue paying finance charge, at the periodic rate charged before default, until what you owe has been paid, and any shares that were given as security for your Account may be applied towards what you owe.
5. Liability for Unauthorized Use-Lost/Stolen Card Notification. You may be liable for the unauthorized use of your Card. You will not be liable for unauthorized use that occurs after you notify the Credit Union, orally or in writing, of the loss, theft, or possible unauthorized use. In any case, your liability will not exceed $50. You can notify Consumers Professional Credit Union by calling 517-372- 2400 or 1-800-292-2728, or by mail in writing to 525 W. WILLOW, LANSING, MI 48906.
6. Security Interest. If you give the Credit Union a specific pledge of shares by signing a separate pledge of shares, your Account will be secured by your pledged shares.
7. Finance Charges. A Finance Charge will be imposed on Credit Purchases only if you elect not to pay the entire New Balance shown on your monthly statement for the previous billing cycle within 25 days from the closing date of that statement. If you elect not to pay the entire New Balance shown on your previous monthly statement within that 25-day period, a Finance Charge will be imposed on the unpaid average daily balance of such Credit Purchases from the previous statement closing date and on new Credit Purchases from the date of posting to your account during the current billing cycle, and will continue to accrue until the closing date of the billing cycle preceding the date on which the entire New Balance is paid in full or until the date of payment if more than 25 days from the closing date. A Finance Charge will be imposed on Cash Advances from the date of the Cash Advance or from the first day of the billing cycle in which the Cash Advance is posted to your account, whichever is
later, and will otherwise be calculated in the same manner as explained above for Credit Purchases.
a. For Your First Rewards Visa and Easy Rewards Visa: The Finance Charge for a billing cycle is computed by applying a Monthly Periodic Rate of 1.1583% which is equal to an ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE of 13.9% to the average daily balance. The average daily balance is determined by dividing the sum of the daily balances during the billing cycle by the number of days in the cycle. For any day on which the balance is a credit balance, the daily balance shall be treated as $0.00.
b. For a Platinum Rate Visa: The Finance Charge for a billing cycle is computed by applying to the average daily balance a Monthly Periodic Rate which is equal to the ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE as determined in accordance with this paragraph. The average daily balance is determined by dividing the sum of the daily balance during the billing cycle by the number of days in the cycle. For any day on which the balance is a credit balance, the daily balance shall be treated as $0.00. The ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE is determined by adding 4.50% to the value of the Prime Lending Rate as published in the Money Rates Section of The Wall Street Journal on the last business day of the preceding month. We reserve the right to substitute another index if the Index described in this paragraph becomes unavailable. The Monthly Periodic Rate and the Annual Percentage Rate will increase or decrease as the value of the Index increases or decreases. The ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE will not in any event exceed 18.0%. Please refer to the Schumer rates box on the Visa Credit Card Disclosure for the current rates.
8. Payments. Each month you must pay at least the minimum payment shown on your statement by the date specified on the statement or no later than 25 days from the statement closing date, whichever is later. If your statement says the payment is “Now Due,” your payment is due no later than 25 days from the statement closing date. You may pay more frequently, pay more than the minimum payment or pay the Total New Balance in full. If you make extra payments or larger payments, you are still required to make at least the minimum payment each month your Account has a balance (other than a credit balance). The minimum payment is 1% of your Total New Balance, but not less than $25.00, plus the amount of any prior minimum payments that you have not made, and any amount you are over your credit limit. The Credit Union also has the right to demand immediate payment of any amount by which you are over your credit limit.
9. Payment Allocation. Subject to applicable law, your payments may be applied to what you owe the Credit Union in any manner the Credit Union chooses.
10. Other Charges. YOUR FIRST REWARDS VISA/EASY REWARDS VISA, PLATINUM RATE VISA: The following other charges (fees) will be added to your Account, as applicable: Late Fee: A $20.00 late fee is applied to your account, if a payment has not been made, 15 days after your statement/cycle date. International Transaction Fee: A fee of 1% of the transaction amount will be charged on all transactions occurring in a foreign country or billed in foreign currencies. Card
Replacement Fee: You may be charged $15.00 for each replacement card that is issued to you for any reason other than expiration of a current card. Document Copy Fee: You may be charged $4.00 for each copy of a sales draft, convenience check or statement that you request unless such a request is made in connection with a billing error. Non-Sufficient Funds Check Fee:
if any check or share draft used to make a payment on your account is returned for nonsufficient funds, you will be charged a fee (see current price list) for each such returned check or share draft. Failure To Return Card Fee: $65.00. Reissue and/or Account Transfer Fee: $15.00. Stop Payment Fee: (see current price list).
11. Changing or Terminating Your Account. The Credit Union may change the terms of this Agreement from time to time. Notice of any change will be given in accordance with applicable law. Use of your Card after receiving notice of a change will indicate your agreement to the change. If permitted by law and specified in the notice to you, the change will apply to your existing Account Balance as well as to future transactions. Either you or the Credit Union may terminate this agreement at any time,
but termination by you or the Credit Union will not affect your obligation to pay the Account balance plus any finance and other charges you owe under this Agreement. After termination the Credit Union will reject all transactions (other than credits) which attempt to post to your account, even if these transactions are or were at sometime in the past authorized. The Card or Cards you receive remain the property of the Credit Union and you must recover and surrender to the Credit Union
all Cards upon request or upon termination of this Agreement whether by you or the Credit Union. The Credit Union has the right to require you to pay your full Account balance at any time after your Account is terminated, whether it is terminated by you or the Credit Union. If this is a joint Account, Section 17 of this Agreement also applies to termination of the Account.
12. Credit Information. You authorize the Credit Union to investigate your credit standing when opening or reviewing your Account. You authorize the Credit Union to disclose information regarding your Account to credit bureaus and creditors who inquire about your credit standing.
13. Returns and Adjustments. Merchants and others who honor your Card may give credit for returns or adjustments, and they will do so by sending the Credit Union a credit slip which will be posted to your Account. If your credits and payments exceed what you owe the Credit Union, the amount will be applied against future purchases and cash advances. If the credit balance amount is
$1 or more, it will be refunded upon your written request or automatically after six months.
14. Additional Benefits/Card Enhancements. The Credit Union may from time to time offer additional services to your Account, such as travel accident insurance, at no additional cost to you. You understand that the Credit Union is not obligated to offer such services and may withdraw or change them at any time.
15. Foreign Transactions. Purchases and cash advances made in foreign countries and foreign currencies will be billed to you in U.S. dollars. The exchange rate for transactions in a foreign currency will be a rate selected by VISA from the range of rates available in wholesale currency markets for the applicable central processing date, which rate may vary from the rate VISA itself receives, or the government mandated rate in effect for the applicable central processing date. In addition, as provided in Section 10, we will separately bill you a 1% International Transaction Fee.
16. Merchant Disputes. The Credit Union is not responsible for the refusal of any merchant or financial institution to honor your Card. The Credit Union is subject to claims and defenses (other than tort claims) arising out of goods or services you purchase with the Card if you have made a good faith attempt but have been unable to obtain satisfaction from the merchant or service provider (unless a local law states that you do not have to make such an attempt), and (a) your purchase was made in response to an advertisement The Credit Union sent or participated in sending to you; or (b) your purchase cost more than $50 and was made in your state or within 100 miles of your home.
17. Joint Accounts. If this is a joint Account, each person on the Account must sign the Agreement. Each of you will be individually and jointly responsible for paying all amounts owed under this Agreement. This means that the Credit Union can require any one of you individually to repay the entire amount owed under this Agreement. Each of you authorizes the other(s) to make purchases or cash advances individually. Any one of you may terminate the Account and the termination will be effective to all owners.
18. Effect of Agreement. This Agreement is the contract which applies to all transactions on your account even though the sales, cash advances, credit or other slips you sign or receive may contain different terms.
19. No Waiver. The Credit Union can delay enforcing any of its rights any number of times without losing them.
20. Statement and Notices. Statements and notices will be mailed or e-mailed to you at the most recent address or e-mail address you have given the Credit Union. Notice sent to any one of you will be considered notice to all.
21. Copy Received. You acknowledge that you have received a copy of this Agreement.
22. Signatures. By signing in the Signature area of the application form that was attached to this agreement when you received it, you agree to the terms of this Agreement. You should detach this Agreement from the application and retain it for your records.
23. Disclaimer. All of these provisions are valid except where prohibited by applicable law. Military Lending Addendum
For members of the Armed Forces on active duty, active Guard or active Reserve Duty, or “covered” dependents of such active-duty service members.
STATEMENT REGARDING THE MILITARY ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE (MAPR)
Federal law provides protections to members of the Armed Forces and their dependents relating to extensions of consumer credit. In general, the cost of consumer credit to a member of the armed forces and his or her dependent may not exceed an annual percentage rate of 36 percent. This rate must include, as applicable to the credit transaction or account: The costs associated with credit insurance premiums; fees for ancillary products sold in connection with the credit transaction; any application fee charged (other than certain application fees for specified credit transactions or accounts); and any participation fee charged (other than certain participation fees for a credit card account). You may call toll-free 800-292-CPCU to receive oral disclosures.